Browse by Tag
Browse by Tag is the most efficient way to find posters related to specific topics in quality improvement. Each poster is tagged with one or more of these eight Institute of Medicine Dimensions of Care:
- Safety: Avoiding injuries to patients or caregivers.
- Effectiveness: Providing services based on scientific knowledge to all who could benefit and refraining from providing services to those not likely to benefit (avoiding underuse and overuse). Doing the right thing for the right person at the right time.
- Patient and Family-centeredness: Providing care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs and values, and ensuring that patient values guide all clinical decisions.
- Timeliness: Reducing waits and sometimes unfavorable delays for both those who receive and those who give care.
- Efficiency: Avoiding waste, in particular waste of equipment, supplies, ideas and energy.
- Equality: Providing care that does not vary in quality because of personal characteristics such as gender, ethnicity, geographic location and socio-economic status.
- Environmental Sustainability: Creating or improving processes and materials to reduce negative impact on the natural environment.
- Compliance: Providing care that meets certain healthcare rules, standards, or guidelines.
Search by Keyword
To search by keyword click on Advanced Search, then type a word into the first search box. It searches all the text included in a poster's database record.
Narrowing your Search Results
To narrow your search by one of the following fields, follow these three steps:
- From the first list, choose the way in which you want to narrow your search
- From the second list, you MUST CHOOSE CONTAINS or your search will not be narrowed.
- From the third list, type in the information you are looking for.
Fields to narrow by:
- Date: The four digit year it was presented at the Silverman Symposium
- Format: All posters are currently in PDF format
- Title: Enter a word you want to find ONLY in the title of the poster.
- BIDMC Location: Where the poster team resides. Choices are: BIDMC, BID-Milton, BID-Needham, BID-Plymouth
- Department: This field contains the text entered by each poster team. As a result, you may need to search by a variety of names to get all results. For example, you would have to search "Emergency" and "ED" separately.
- Primary Contact: This field contains only the text entered directly by each poster team. As a result, if you are looking to see what a specific author has presented, their name will not appear here unless he or she was named the primary contact by the team itself.